ANGIE’S LIST REVIEW:
Property Address: 2 Sundew Court, Hilton Head, SC
Company Name: Berry Remodeling
Categories: Remodeling – General Remodeling – Kitchen & Bathroom
Services Performed: Yes
Work Completed Date: November 06, 2012
Hire Again: Yes
Approximate Cost: $40,000.00
Description Of Work: fix hole in roof, addition of room, new kitchen down to the studs, tile floors and new bathroom, remove valance in Bath rooms and fix the new ceiling line that created, electric, almost a rewire, concrete work done in one pantry, and shower with tile, fix various spots of wood rot found several places on outside of home, paint, plumbing, hvac,
Member Comments: The first day was fun. Demo of a porch, a kitchen and 1/2 the living room, plus old light valances in each bathroom. WE did not think Mother Nature would get involved in the form of a huge tree branch that blew down and embedded it’s self in our roof! No Worries, Martin got right up there and sealed the hole, Jason got the tree out, and Tony had Jason and Jimmy fix that hole better than new a week later… Tony’s crew is a great bunch of guys. They work well together, checking and talking things through, singing along with radio, talking sports and joking around. They have a banter that moves them along, keeps them working smoothly and is great to be around. Jason, Jimmy and Martin’s work in my home was perfect, not close to perfect, perfect. The guys take pride in their work and asked me at the end of each day if I was happy. If I didn’t like something, they found a way to make what I wanted work, and they seemed happy to do it.
I had zero problem with any of Tony’s crew, or any of the subs he had in to do plumbing (Jarvis Plumbing… excellent job and punctual), and the electricians from Randy May Electric’s group were outstanding, especially Brian (ask for Brian, you won’t be disappointed.) On the few days Tony wasn’t here personally, the work continued without a hitch, and he was in touch with any and all of the crews in my home at any given time. He checked in almost every day, and more like two and three times a day. If I had a question or concern with any of the subcontractors he’d call them right there, in front of me and get the answer. I would hire Tony Berry and his guys again in a heartbeat, and give them all five stars of recommendation without hesitation. My family is very happy with our new home.
Additional Questions Answered when completing this review
- How much did the final cost compare to the original estimate? Right on
- How does the value of the work compare to the price? I got more than my money’s worth
- How far in advance did you schedule the work? more than 2 weeks
- Did you find the company through Angie’s List? No
- If no, what was the other source? Realtor and personal references
- Why did you choose this contractor? Reputation
- Have you used this company before? This is the first time I’ve used this company
- What did you like most about this contractor? He listened to me, and answered all our questions, even if we didn’t like the answer, he never sugar coated anything to get the job
- What did you like least about this contractor? Sometimes, he forgets to say please and thank you
- What surprises came up during the course of the work? Bad shower leak, attic full of dead mice and a pantry that had been used for cats that had been covered up with stick ups that wore out.
- What words of advice would you give other members considering this contractor? Listen to him, make sure your communicating and are being understood, and look at all the pics of his work, call his references.
- What words of advice would you give this contractor? Make sure things are always moving along.
- This is your space. Feel free to give us your two cents … or quote your favorite movie? These guys are so good; I’m going to miss them, their banter, and their ideas and hard work. I may just have to by another house to renovate it was so much fun the first time.